Tuesday, January 13, 2015

QUARTZSITE DONE FOR ANOTHER YEAR

The weather finally warmed up enough that three of these machines flew over our camp one evening.

On a dull cloudy morning while I was walking Mitzy, I saw these hills over in California lit up so I zipped back to the motorhome for my camera.

We had some beautiful clouds yesterday morning



$15 Cactus shirts and lots of socks in this market stall in Quartzsite

I was impressed with the amount of shoring up they did in this mine.  I don't know about the sanity of some of these old miners although I suppose some of them didn't live to be old miners!  I went out by myself for a last day of geocaching yesterday afternoon and had neat experience.  I caught up to two other couples who were also caching.  One of the couples was Tugman &Wifey.  I told them how I had seen their signature in many caches on Vancouver Island.  When Wifey saw my geocaching name, she said the same thing!.  It turns out they live in Parksville on Vancouver Island which is where we moved from in 1977 and where my seven siblings still reside, scattered around there.  Tugman was born in Duncan where I was also.  We had a great visit and cached together for a few.  I gave Wifey a ride in the RZR to get two caches they couldn't get near in their truck. 

At the furthest back point in my day, there were a whole mess of mine shafts and I enjoyed the view looking out from the mountains to the open plains.  If you look closely, my RZR is just below center.

No comments:

Post a Comment