Saturday, October 18, 2014

MOUNTAIN HOME, IDAHO

After the grand total of 196 kms today, we have decided to spend a night or two at a Good Sam park in Mountain Home.  I parked Aileen in a wide spot where she could nap while I drove out to Bruneau Dunes State Park to check availability.  There were only two vacant sites and I met three RVs coming in when I was going out so that wasn't too hopeful.  Maybe we will try tomorrow or Monday.  There is a mess of geocaches further west from there that I'd like to try for so it would be a lot closer if we were down at the park.
I took my cameras and roared down that way after supper tonight and managed a few shots but quickly ran out of daylight.  We'll see what tomorrow brings.

Yesterday's shot at Catfish Junction with the SX50

This morning with the 6D

This evening near Bruneau Dunes looking south 6D

And across the other side looking north 6D

Bruneau Dunes this evening SX50 hand held at 865 mm equivalent.  

Canon 5D Mark 2 on tripod, 100-400 at 400 with polarizer using mirror lockup then cropped.  This image is nowhere near as sharp as the SX50 image.  When I zoom in on the SX50, I can recognize the shape of a man walking down the ridge.  With this image, the shape isn't discernible.  This was a bit of  a shock to me.  
.

1 comment:

  1. Wow - that is a great example of the difference between the two

    ReplyDelete