Sunday, June 23, 2013

WHERE HAS THE SUN GONE?

This has sure turned into a wet Spring.  Nothing like Eastern BC and Alberta though.  The forecast keeps promising better weather a few days ahead but we never seem to get there.  We enjoyed the Grandfriend’s Day at Georgia’s school.  After school was over for the day, we and Richard picked up Georgia and went out to Langford where Georgia was having her last play group of the season.  Prior to dropping her and Richard there, we went to Bin4Burgers where we had very excellent hamburgers.  When we went in the door first off, one of the waitresses said hi, your name is Georgia, right?  It seems she worked with Georgia several years ago at Frank Hobbs School.  Another small world moment!
I took Cousin Neil and wife Carol geocaching our last evening at their place.  Neil and I had gone up Mt Prevost after lunch.  I wanted to check it out as there was some discussion about spreading Mom and Dad’s ashes on the mountain.
After returning to Errington and my brother’s yard, I listed our pickup on Kijiji, Craig’s List and Used Nanaimo.  Used Nanaimo was where the most replies came from.   I had quite a number of people interested and managed to eventually sell to the second person for my full asking price.  The buyers wanted to have it inspected by their own mechanic so I drove it up to Campbell River for that.  He gave it a great report.  Aileen and I met the buyers a couple nights later in Courtenay to make the transfer.  We hated to part with the truck but it just didn’t make economic sense to keep it.
I did up the brochures to hand out at Mom’s service.  I used the same template I worked up for my Dad and Sheila’s Dad a couple years ago then had them printed at a local shop.  Sheila and I folded them one evening.  I copied some old pictures of Mom with my camera and cleaned them up in Photoshop Elements.  The next step is to put them together in a slide show to display at the memorial service on the 30th.
This past Thursday Aileen met Heather, the lady we bought the motor home from, in Courtenay for lunch.  They get together once a year or so.  Heather bought a nice apartment with a beautiful view looking over the ocean just south of Campbell River.  Aileen would love to have the view but doesn’t want to be in a strata (homeowner’s assn.) again.

On Friday, we drove down to Mill Bay to meet Richard and get Georgia for the weekend.  On Saturday, we went to a 65th birthday party for my brother Sam put on his kids.  There were several family members from out of town so nice to catch up with them.   We were fortunate to slip through the afternoon and evening without rain actually falling.  It was very threatening though.  We took Georgia for a walk in the rain this morning.  She enjoyed about a quart of salmon berries we found along the way.  She’s like a little bear when it comes to wild berries.

Grandfriend's Day at Frank Hobbs Elementary

Aileen,Georgia and Richard

Checking out the classroom

Day Lilies at Cousin Neil's



The Cowichan Valley from the top of Mt Prevost.  For those who read Rick and Paulette's blog, found on my sidebar, they live up in the top right of the photo.  That is Cowichan Bay coming in toward the two lakes. 

One of the roses outside Charlie and Sheila's dining room

1 comment:

  1. What a great name "Grandfriend Day!" Definitely helps many children feel more comfortable bringing a nonofficial grandparent.

    ReplyDelete