Saturday, February 16, 2013

TOO BUSY, NOT ENOUGH HOURS IN THE DAY


This has been a long spell since my last post.  Every time I planned to work on my blog, something else seemed to take over my time.  When we first arrived back, I had lots of laundry to catch up.  Then I did another five loads this Tuesday.   I have done some geocaching and then there’s the research and computer work to keep up with that.  I’ve been on a few ATV rides and of course I took pictures.  Well that takes lots of time to download and edit then there is the time it takes to email pictures to the ATV group.
I put a new tube in my bike tire so I am able to ride around the area again.   We’ve been out playing cards a few times then there are the games the two of us play, which Aileen has won mostly.  I’ve hardly won a game in about four weeks.  I’ve had difficulty fitting in much reading which I enjoy.
Friends from Campbell River who we met as friends of Cousin Bill are in Mesa for a month so we spent much of last Wednesday up there visiting.  We went to PF Chang’s for a tasty lunch then Gay knew of some good shopping so we let her lead us.  I managed to get a couple pair of shoes and Aileen got one.  All this desert walking is tough on my footwear.  I picked up a couple pairs of jeans in another store.  Doug and Gay are planning to come visit us for the day this coming Wednesday.
On February 7, our ATV club had a major clean the desert blitz.  The Arizona Fish and Game sent out a couple people with a huge trailer and two pickups.  We filled everything.  We had 34 ATVs with 51 people involved.  Most of the trash is generated by recreational shooters.  They seem to be the biggest slobs of all.   All manner of electronics are carted out to the desert then shot to pieces and left lay.
Aileen had Mitzy to the vet a couple times recently.  The first was a problem with her hips.  They couldn’t find anything major wrong.  Aileen had been giving her my joint complete which seems to have helped so the vet said to continue with the program.  The second time was to have her teeth cleaned and a hip x-ray while she was under the sedative.  Well, they had to pull a back molar this time.  Bad genetics, it would appear.
Jim and I changed oil in our ATVs one morning then another morning I spent some time watching Jim replace a CV cover (boot) on his front axle.  I don’t know if I would attempt that or not.  One of the problems owning an older ATV is the need for more repairs.  However, after watching what people are experiencing with their newer machines, the old one is still much appreciated.   

This was most of our desert cleanup crew

We were given these shirts by the fish and game department

Fully loaded



A little recognition for our club

One of my favourite views

A good rack

These fox came through our lunch spot on Tuesday

One of the guys grabbed my camera for this shot of me

Some of the beautiful scenery along the Martinez Mine Rd

Martinez Mine Rd


Box Canyon, Jim J in front

A couple shots showing the greening of the desert.  I think this is the greenest I have seen

I'm hoping for a good flower bloom before we leave to head north

2 comments:

  1. Yep, we may borrow your blog title for our next post! Busy times. What a wonderful volunteering job to clean up the trash in the desert. Wow. Did the shooting clubs participate, I wonder? Grand to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No help from shooters other than one who rides with us and he got insulted when I commented about how the shooters were such slobs!
    John

    ReplyDelete