Tuesday, May 15, 2012

NOT A GOOD START TO THE DAY!


We were up shortly after 6:30, I think.  When Mitzy and I were returning from our walk, the wolf looking dog from the stables across the road attacked Mitzy.  Grabbed her across the back and was flinging her up in the air.  This was on the leash.  I brought Mitzy home and went walking over to complain and damned if the dog didn’t nip me in my right calf!  So then I really gave the lady hell.   I drove over later to show her the bite marks on Mitzy and voiced my opinion that any small child would be in grave danger.   Still later, after hearing how Jacquie had been intimidated and Taffy attacked, I went over again and got the lady’s name and phone number in case Mitzy has to go to the vet.  I left the lady in tears but, hey it was her dog that was the problem and it seemed like a problem getting worse so she needs to take action.  I told her I didn’t want to ever see that dog running loose again.   Aileen spoke to the vets office a couple times and they gave some suggested treatment and what to watch for.  If she starts to swell or it gets hot, we need to get her to a vet asap. 
We got on the road at 9:37 and have made it to Hope for the night.  Aileen drove the truck and I towed the car behind the motor home.   Aileen hopes to be able to drive the truck the rest of the way tomorrow so I don’t have to make a special trip back for it.  She said she made out okay today.  We drove into Hope tonight for a visit with my Aunt June.  Her gardens were looking really nice.  She spends most of her free time nurturing  them.

Balsamroot flowers


Madeline Lake


Lots of snow above the Coquihalla Highway still

1 comment:

  1. Poor Mitzy :( Hope she's doing better now! Ouch! Hope your leg heals quickly!

    ReplyDelete