Our work continues with the house and contents. I had ordered a new window crank for the dining room and when it came in yesterday, it wasn’t the right one. The correct one no longer exists in the catalogue apparently. It was supposed to have been repaired in September 2008 just after we moved out. We had made arrangements for the installer to get it done and for the property manager to pay him. I was surprised to find it still broken when we first went in the house a couple weeks ago. Tomorrow I will try tapping out the screw holes to a larger size and hope that works. If not, perhaps we can take the single one from the bedroom to the dining room and use the ordered one in the bedroom. The old cranks had screws in from the back, not visible from the front. The new ones have screws going from inside through to the outside so we’d end up with mismatched cranks in the dining room if we were to use the new one. We have carpet cleaners coming in tomorrow and the flooring guys are to come Monday to fix a couple squeaks in the living room hardwood floor.
We are hoping to get everything completed here that needs attention fairly soon so we can carry on with our travels.